Posts Tagged ‘event’
8pm Thursday 21 April 2011 @ Room 3, RISC, Reading
We’ll be replaying a talk freelance journalist and author Ben White gave to West London PSC recently.
This clear, succinct and powerful talk on the Apartheid nature of Israel is presented with evidence for that analysis. Described by members of West London PSC as “one of the best talks” they had been to.
To be followed by discussion and our monthly branch meeting. Refreshments will be available.
We look forward to seeing you!
Call us on our new number 0118 307 0037, or by email if you have any questions.
The talk highlights many of the issues raised in Ben White’s new book Israeli Apartheid: A Beginner’s Guide
Reading PSC will be holding a special fundraising event this weekend. A social evening featuring buffet dinner, music, videos and a PSC presentation informing members and guests about the ground breaking work being undertaken by the organisation.
When? 7.30pm Sunday July 4th, 2010
Global Cafe, RISC, 35-39 London Street, Reading RG1 4PS
What? Buffet dinner* – £12 per person
This is an evening for the whole family to enjoy. We hope you can join us and support the struggle for justice!
* – Drinks not included. Halal and vegetarian options available.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 0844 774 3509
LONDON EVENT: Free Palestine!
Opposite 10 Downing Street, London SW1 (nearest tube Westminster)
We demand the government:
- End Israel’s violations of international law, including ending its illegal occupation and building of settlements
- Support bringing Israeli war criminals to justice — no attack on universal jurisdiction
- End the siege on Gaza
- Ban settlement goods
- Suspend the EU-Israel Association Agreement
- End the arms trade with Israel
Organised by: Palestine Solidarity Campaign, British Muslim Initiative, Stop the War Coalition, CND, Palestinian Forum in Britain
7pm Friday 16th April
at St John on Bethnal Green
- LIVE VIDEO LINK UP with GAZA musicians and speakers
from London side:
- Caoimhe Butterly (eyewitness to Gaza massacre as volunteer on ambulances)
- Sameh Habeeb (journalist and speaker from Palestine)
- Viva Palestina convoy members
- ZAYTOUN STALL
- +more to be confirmed
THIS EVENT IS FREE BUT HOT & COLD FOOD WILL BE AVAILABLE TO BUY!!
Proceeds to the siege-breaking campaign, so come and have dinner anyway… donations also to be gratefully received.
St John on Bethnal Green is located on the corner of Cambridge Heath Road and Roman Road, next to the V&A Museum of Childhood.
Please come and please forward info to anyone you think would like, appreciate or be interested. If you’d like to donate food to sell please also get in touch.
Contact Laura via GazaBoatConvoy.co.uk